Here are some of our favourite juice recipes but we’d also love to hear about yours.
The Shop Favourite
- Orange (4), apple (4), carrot (4), lemon and ginger
- oranges (4), ginger (good knob of), Strawberries (6/8), braeburn apples (4), Kiwi (1)
Babettes Morning Kick-Start
- apples, carrots, oranges, plus a bit of lemon and a bit of ginger.
Babette always starts with apples and oranges or satsumas etc. She always adds a bit of ginger and lemon for the vitamins, then add whatever she has around.
Lindas Fresh & Minty
- Cucumber (half), two large slices of honeydew melon (We sliced of some rind off as it would be a bit too hard to put though the juicer), a few leaves of Mint, 1 apple
Pats Sparkling Lemon Juice
Lovely for Summer afternoons (if we get any sunshine).
- Lemons (top and tailed).
Add cold sparkling water to juice and a sprig of parsley. This is like an old fashioned lemonade.
Gemmas Tangy Little Treat
- An Apple, One Pear, Slice of Lime, Slice of ginger.
Cobham customers liked this little variation when we tried it out a few Saturdays ago.
We also recommend the recipes on www. juicerrecipesnow.com
Other Bluett-Duncan family favourite juicing ingredients
-Celery, 1 stalk per pot, cut it in small chunks for the strings not to jam the juicer.
-Peppers, prefers the non green ones,
-Beetroot, gives a lovely colour and a nice earthy flavour
-Grapes, especially when they look a bit flabby and nobody wants to eat them
-grapefruit, peeled. Babette loved it, but the family didn’t, too sour.
Things Babette has tried and not liked:
-Pears, they tend to make a mush, so like bananas and berries, they are better put with some juice in a blender and make a super fantastic smoothie.
-Pineapple, tried to put the skins in, to save all these nice bits of flesh attached to the skin, and the result is very green and bitter. If the pineapple is already “skinned”, then put it in the blender as above.
-broccoli, very good for you, but I really prefer to cook them waterless in Demeyere pan and eat them.
Please tell us about your favourite juices!