Blueberry Ombre Shortbread Cheesecake
Taking advantage of the versatility of the Stoneware Heritage 26cm Rectangular Dish, this cheesecake combines the best aspects of both a baked and a non-baked cheesecake - the crispy, buttery, golden shortbread base, with the light, creamy, easy no-bake cheesecake topping. Beautifully vibrant from the purple blueberries, this really is a stunning summer dessert.
For the Base
- 200g plain flour
- 130g unsalted butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 4 x 250g cream cheese
- 1 x (12g) sachet gelatin dissolved in 8 tablespoon cold water
- 250ml double cream
- 250g blueberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Fan 180°C/ Gas Mark 6
- First, make the base. Combine all the base ingredients in a food processor. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and bring the dough together to form a soft dough.
- Line the baking dish with baking paper and press in the dough. Level and smooth the base using the back of a spoon, ensuring it is well pressed into the edges and corners.
- Prick several times using a fork and bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until baked through and lightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully.
- In the meantime, make the cheesecake mixture. Combine the cream cheese, gelatin, double cream and 75g of the blueberry jam.
- To make the ombre effect, remove two thirds of the mixture, place in another bowl with another 75g jam and mix well. Finally, take out half of the new mixture and combine with another 50g jam. You should now have three blueberry cream mixtures in different tones of purple.
- On top of the cooled base, layer the mixtures carefully with the lightest in colour mixture at the bottom. Smooth with a spatula before adding the next layer of mixture, being careful not to blend the colours too much. Finish with the final mixture before topping with the remaining 50g jam.
- Place in the fridge and set for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Slice and serve with fresh blueberries.
- If you don’t have the time to bake and cool the base, simply use a packet of crushed up biscuits blended with 80g melted butter. Press into the dish and allow to set in the oven for 30 minutes.