Dutch Baby Pancake
Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 20 mins
A golden-brown popover that’s German in origin, the Dutch Baby Pancake makes the perfect statement breakfast or dessert. This beautifully puffed pancake takes only minutes to prepare and is easily baked in the oven.
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 50g einkorn flour
- 120ml whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 30g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ nutmeg, grated
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 4 teaspoons pistachios, crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ Fan 200°C/ Gas Mark 5
- Grease the inside of the Signature Cast Iron 23cm Skillet with all of the butter and place into the oven to pre-heat and to melt the butter. Do not allow the butter to burn
- Sift the flours into a mixing bowl. Blend the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and black pepper together until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pre-heated skillet. Place the skillet back into the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown
- To serve, spoon in the crème fraiche and scatter with the raspberries, crushed pistachios and honey. Serve immediately.
- Einkorn is an ancient variety of wheat that has a great nutty taste, you can experiment with other flavourful flours like rye or Khorasan. Of course, the puffpancake tastes great with any other fruit.
Liquid error: product form must be given a product