Miso-roasted Chicken, Potato & Broccoli
The rich umami flavours of the white miso work perfectly with tasty chicken thighs. Crisping and caramelising nicely in the oven, this Japanese-inspired chicken is served with roasted tenderstem broccoli and finished with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
From Le Creuset
- 300g baby potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 chicken legs, skin on
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C Fan/ Gas Mark 6.
- Place the baby potatoes in the rectangular dish and into the preheated oven whilst you prepare the marinade.
- Combine the miso, sesame oil, mirin, honey and soy sauce and gently whisk to mix all the ingredients.
- Score the chicken thighs and coat in the marinade. Carefully remove the potatoes from the oven and place the marinated chicken on top. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, add the broccoli stems and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is crispy and caramelised, the potatoes are cooked through and the broccoli is just roasted.
- This chicken carries great flavour, even cold. Use any leftovers for lunch the next day - shred the meat off the bone and fold into a wrap along with crunchy vegetables like cucumber, radish, carrot and lettuce and serve alongside chilli mayo.