Poached Peaches with Almond & Amaretti Crumb
Take the hassle out of poaching on the hob with these oven-poached peaches. Perfect for serving individually to each guest at a dinner party, these peaches are tender and aromatic taking on the sweet, almond flavours of Disaronno. Topped with creamy mascarpone and crumbled amaretti biscuits, this dessert is packed full of flavour.
- 45g hard amaretti biscuits
For the oven-poached peaches
- 4 peaches, bottoms levelled
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) Disaronno or amaretto
- 75g runny honey
- 200ml water
- Vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and divide into 4
For the cream
- 150g mascarpone
- 25ml Disaronno or amaretto
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Fan 180°C/ Gas Mark 6
- First, make the syrup by combining the Disaronno, honey, water and vanilla in a saucepan. Place over a low heat and very gently simmer to dissolve the honey.
- Place the peaches in the Stoneware Petite Casseroles and pour over the syrup. Place on the lids and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lids and bake for a further 10 minutes to reduce the syrup a little. Test the peaches are softly poached using a small, sharp knife. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
- In the meantime, make the cream by combining the mascarpone, Disaronno and icing sugar.
- When ready to serve, spoon on the mascarpone cream over the poached peaches and crumble the amaretti biscuits on top.
- Medium-sized round peaches, or large flat peaches are perfect for this recipe. If your peaches are a little large, simply slice the bottom of the peach to be able to place on the lid.
- For an alcohol-free version, simply remove the Disaronno and replace with a teaspoon of almond extract.