Skip to content
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of Mae Ploy Tom yum paste
- 1lt vegetable, chicken or fish stock, made up from fresh or a stock pot
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 75g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of greens like: pak choi, sugar snap peas, mange tout, tenderstem broccoli or kale
- 165g pack raw jumbo king prawns
- 1 portion of egg or rice noodles
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime or half a lemon
- 10g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or casserole over a medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft and transparent.
- Add the Tom yum paste, stock, tomato purée, kefir leaves (if you have them) and the garlic. Bring to a simmer and bubble over a medium heat for 15 mins to infuse.
- Add the mushrooms, greens, noodles and prawns and cook for 3 mins until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through and the noodles are soft. Stir through the fish sauce.
- Serve the soup in bowls, garnished with the spring onions, coriander leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime.