Gin and Tonic Cake Recipe
Enjoy this delicious Gin and Tonic Cake Recipe recipe from the Art of Living collection. Find your next masterpiece and buy recommended tools from us.
- 150g mixed redcurrants and blackcurrants
- 75g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Juice of 1 small lemon (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- Juice of 1 orange (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 200g fresh raspberries
For the creamCream
For the compote, put 100g of the mixed redcurrants and blackcurrants plus 50g of the blueberries into a small pan with the sugar, lemon juice aTHIS IS INCORRECT
- Beat the mascarpone, sugar and lemon zest together in a bowl until smooth and then stir in the yoghurt.
- Dip the sponge fingers one at a time into the warm berry syrup, leave them to soften slightly and then use them to line the base of 4 petite casseroles, cutting them where necessary to fit. Spoon one-quarter of the berry mixture into each pot and then cover with the mascarpone cream. Reserve the remaining berry syrup for later.
- Mix the remaining berries together, use them to decorate the top of each pot and chill for 1 hour. Drizzle with the remaining syrup, then dust with a little icing sugar and decorate with the mint sprigs just before serving.