Spiced Golden Rice
Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 30 mins
This recipe is designed for use with a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 22cm Round Casserole. The cast iron retains heat so well that the dish can continue to cook, even when the cocotte has been removed from the heat source.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 350g (1 ¾ cups) easy cook, long grain rice
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 x 200g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 750ml (3 cups) hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in the cocotte over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and fry gently without colouring for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook until all the oil is absorbed then add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to slow boil, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to low simmer for two minutes.
- Remove the cocotte from the heat and leave it to stand for 20 minutes. Do not remove the lid during the standing time.
- Stir well before serving.
- To serve cold as a salad, allow the rice to coolly slightly, then stir in 3 tablespoons of French vinaigrette dressing. Cool completely before serving.