This easy recipe takes an ordinary chicken breast to the next level!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 800g spinach
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons of cream cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh or dried oregano
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat an ovenproof saute pan or shallow casserole pan on high and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, fry the chicken fillets on both sides until they are nicely browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Then cut the chicken fillets ¾ way through, lengthwise. Season the inside with salt and pepper and fresh or dried oregano. Also season the cream cheese with a little salt and pepper. Place a few spinach leaves in each chicken breast and add a spoonful of cream cheese to it. Finish off with some finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Put the chicken fillets back in the pan. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and season with salt and pepper and dried oregano, add to the chicken. Put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is in the oven, fry the remaining spinach in another pan for a few minutes. Heat the pan and add a spoonful of olive oil. Add the spinach and the chopped garlic and fry briefly until the spinach wilts a little. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve the chicken with the spinach and sprinkle with the pine nuts.