A stylish and contemporary salt and pepper mill set that has been inspired by urban British architecture. Made from crystal clear acrylic and concrete making them a tactile and durable centre piece for any dining setting. The clear acrylic top contrasts well with the geometrically patterned light grey concrete base which is accented by the gun metal feature band around the middle. The concrete has been finished with a layer of clear lacquer to protect its finish and prevent marking from everyday use. The base also features a plastic worktop protector ring to prevent the concrete from coming into contact with work surfaces to avoid scratching or damaging.
Featuring the Cole & Mason Precision+ carbon steel mechanism that strips peppercorns instead of crushing them and diamond-sharp ceramic for salt, ensuring maximum flavour release from every turn. The mills come partially filled with premium whole black peppercorns from Vietnam and coarse sea salt from Belgium so are ready to use from the moment you receive them. When you do need to refill it simply turn the mill upside-down an unscrew the acrylic top from the concrete base. Fill up with your favourite whole peppercorns and coarse salt, replace the base and continue to enjoy freshly ground seasoning. Designed and engineered in England, the hardwearing qualities of the mechanism ensure you will always receive a consistently outstanding performance. To adjust the grind from fine to coarse simply tighten or loosen the knob situated at the base of the mill. Use a coarse setting for steaks or tomato salad, a medium setting for pizzas and a fine setting for soups and sauces.
Hints & tips: If your mill becomes difficult to grind, particularly on a fine setting, trying clearing the mechanism. Turn the mill upside down, loosen the knob to the coarsest setting and twist the top. This will free any large peppercorns or salt crystals that may have become lodged. Retighten the knob to the desired setting. Do not put salt in your pepper mill as this will corrode the carbon steel mechanism.
Disclaimer: product comes partially filled
- A contemporary and stylish salt and pepper mill set taking inspiration from the iconic London landmark, the Gherkin. It effortlessly combines the stark beauty and tactility of concrete whilst remaining an invaluable everyday kitchen tool.
- Featuring the Cole & Mason Precision+ mechanisms; carbon steel for pepper that strips peppercorns instead of crushing them, and diamond-sharp ceramic for salt, ensuring maximum flavour release from every turn. The hardwearing qualities of these mechanisms ensure you will always receive a consistently outstanding performance.
- The simple shape of the clear acrylic top has been designed to contrast with the geometrically patterned concrete base. The texture and pattern of the concrete makes for a mill that feels encourages you to pick it up and use it and every opportunity.
- To clean, wipe with a damp cloth and use a clean cloth to dry. We recommend you do not use any cleaning products as this can affect the finish of the product. Do not immerse in water or place in a dishwasher.
- All Cole & Mason salt and pepper mills are covered by our lifetime mechanism guarantee. Should your mill not meet the high standards and expectations of Cole & Mason products we will be happy to replace your mill for an alternative of equivalent value. Accidental breakage, poor care and damage from misuse are not covered.
|UK Standard Delivery - Order value of £49 or more - up to 7 working days||£0.00|
|UK Standard Delivery - Order value of less than £49 - up to 7 working days||£4.95|
No quibble returns: return your product to us, even if you've used it!
Half-price replacement if you break your product accidentally, within 2 years after the date of purchase.