This recipe is simple to prepare, tastes great and makes the perfect midweek meal in minutes. The flavour is brought together using simple, store cupboard ingredients and the garnishes give it a final flourish of texture and taste, and that sweet and spicy glaze is completely moreish.
- 600g chicken breast, cut widthways into 1cm thick strips, then lengthways into two strips
- 1 level teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of rose harissa
- 4 tablespoons of clear honey (or more, if desired)
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, lightly dry-toasted in a pan
- 1 teaspoon of Nigella seeds
- 4 whole spring onions, thinly sliced including green part
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add enough vegetable oil to coat the inside of the stir-fry pan generously and heat on a low to medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken strips and stir-fry, browning the edges quickly. Remove and drain the excess oil from the chicken on a plate lined with two sheets of kitchen roll. Do not fully cook the chicken as it will still need to be cooked with the glaze shortly.
- Empty any remaining oil from the stir-fry pan, add the chicken back in along with the harissa, cinnamon, honey and a generous amount of salt and pepper and stir-fry well until the chicken is evenly coated in the mixture. Adjust honey, harissa and seasoning quantities as desired.
- Serve scattered with sesame and Nigella seeds, coriander and spring onions.