Quick, easy and delicious. This baked eggs recipe will not disappoint!
- 300g purple sprouting or tenderstem broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 bunch spring onions, ﬁnely sliced
- 1 fat clove garlic, ﬁnely chopped
- 1 tbsp harissa / garam masala / your favourite spice mix
- chili flakes or fresh chopped chili
- 1/2 a lemon
- 100g feta, crumbled
- fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220C. In a large wide frying pan (with an oven proof handle), add the broccoli to the pan with about 4 tbsp of boiling water. Put the lid on and let it steam for about 2 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Take off the lid, push the broccoli to the side of the pan to clear a bit of space, add the butter/ghee to the empty space and fry the garlic, spring onions and spice mix for 45 seconds or until the garlic is softened but not brown.
- Add a little sea salt and pepper, then stir everything together to coat the broccoli. Make 4 gaps (as best you can) and crack the eggs into each gap.
- Sprinkle over salt and then pop the pan in the oven for about 3-5 minutes until the whites have just set and the yolk is still runny ( OR put the lid back on for a final 3-5 minutes or until the whites have set).
- Then remove the pan from the oven, scatter over the feta and squeeze some lemon juice onto the broccoli. Sprinkle over some chili and herbs to finish.