Looking for the most delicous cookie dough recipe out there? Look no further!
- 60 g butter
- 415 ml whole milk
- 60 g + extra for sprinkling chocolate chips
- 90 g sugar
- 30 g flour
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- Microwave the flour for 45 seconds. Place the butter, 75 g of brown sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the Flex Edge Beater. Mix on speed 6 for 1 minute until creamy. Add 15 ml of milk, half of the vanilla paste and flour and mix on speed 4 until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix till combined. Transfer to a tray, press down and let chill for 2 h in the fridge. Cut into chunks.
- Add the remaining milk, vanilla paste, heavy cream, white sugar and 45 g of brown sugar into a saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring, till the sugar melts. Do not boil.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the Mixer Whisk and mix on speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- While the stand mixer is running, slowly pour 200 ml of the warm mixture into the eggs. Pour the egg mixture back to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens like a light pouring custard. This will take about 15 minutes. Do not boil.
- Transfer the ice cream batter into an air-tight container and cool off completely. Place in the fridge and chill overnight.
- Affix the frozen KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker to the stand mixer. Turn mixer to 'STIR' speed and pour the cold ice cream batter into the Freeze Bowl while the mixer is running. Allow mixer to stir the ice cream mixture for 20 minutes until it reaches the consistency of a soft-serve ice cream. Transfer 1/2 of the mixture to a container and add half of the cookie dough chunks. Press them into the ice cream. Add the remaining ice cream and arrange the cookie dough chunks on top. Sprinkle with some extra chocolate chips. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm.