- 3 firm pears
- 1 jar stem ginger in syrup
- 5cm (2 inch) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 strips of orange peel, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A handful of raspberries
- 200ml water
- 5 cooking apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of blackberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- A generous splash of water
- 100g wholemeal or plain flour
- 90g jumbo rolled oats
- 90g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 30g raisins
- Begin by poaching the pears. Peel the pears and cut them in half. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Add the halved pears and poach for around 15-20 minutes, being mindful not to overcook the pears, you still want them to remain firm.
- Combine all the stewed apple ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over a low to medium heat until soft and sweet. Add a splash of the pear poaching liquor to loosen the ingredients if needed.
- For the crumble begin by pre-heating the oven to 180ºC/ Fan 160ºC/ Gas Mark 4. Add the flour, oats, butter and sugar to a large bowl and crumble using your fingers until all ingredients are combined and you have a fine crumb. Add the raisins and mix thoroughly.Spread the crumble out on a baking tray and oven bake for 10-15 minutes until it begins to turn golden then remove and set to one side until ready to use.
- To make up the individual desserts, add a spoonful of the stewed apples to each ramekin, followed by half a pear, a generous glug of the poaching liquor and then top with a handful of crumble. The top of the pear should be left uncovered by the crumble. Place the ramekins onto a tray and bake in the oven at 180ºC/ Fan 160ºC/ Gas Mark 4 for 5-10 minutes to warm through, then serve immediately.