Chocolate Chip Skillet Pan Cookies
The Italian meaning of ‘tiramisu’ means a pick-me-up. This version, made with summer berries and lemon in place of the traditional coffee and chocolate is guaranteed to make you feel uplifted on a warm sunny day.
From Le Creuset
- 125g (4½oz) coconut sugar or soft brown sugar
- 100ml (3½floz) softened coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100g (3½oz) chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 185g (6½oz) gluten-free flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Ice cream and chocolate sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 160°C / Gas Mark 3. For fan assisted ovens you may require to reduce the oven temperature by 10 - 20 degrees.
- Whisk together sugar and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and salt. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Add the gluten free flour and bicarbonate of soda and form into a ball of cookie dough. Place the cookie dough into the 23cm skillet.
- Press dough flat into a cookie shape covering the base of the skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly crisp around the edges.
- Score the cookie into 6 pieces using a blunt knife taking care not to cut completely through. Once the cookie has cooled and become firm break it into pieces and serve in Cast Iron Skillet. Accompany with gluten free coconut cream or ice cream and chocolate sauce.